Ladore Conference Center: Policies, Procedures & Purpose
The following policies were established so Ladore Camp & Conference Center operates in a safe and efficient manner for the enjoyment and comfort of all guests. The staff at Ladore will be at your service to ensure a pleasant and enjoyable stay.
Ladore exist to impact lives for Jesus Christ by providing superior Christian hospitality, programs, and educational opportunities resulting in spiritual growth for all ages. We are dedicated to ministry, committed to integrity and pledge excellence in our working with all people without discrimination. Our goal is to help build Godly Christian men, women, children and families.
- Check-in time is 3:00 pm and check-out time is 9:00am.
- For security purposes, the front door of Ladore Main Lodge is locked at 11:00 pm every night. Please inform all members of your group.
- No one will be checked in after 11:00pm. We suggest if you will be that late to wait until morning to arrive.
- Rooms are to be occupied by married couples or persons of the same gender only.
- No child under the age of 12 is allowed in a room without an adult.
- If you have a situation of someone being injured please let the Lodge know of the incident and what was done for that person, even if they are not taken to the hospital.
- In the event of an emergency please contact the Front Desk in the Main Lodge.
- For an emergency after office hours, our Resident Host lives on the second floor of the Lodge, in the primary hallway just beyond the lobby stairway. A large sign is on the door, which reads RESIDENT HOST. Please ring the doorbell and remain there until someone responds. You may call the Resident Host at extension 165.
- For critical emergencies requiring immediate medical attention, telephones are located in the front stairwells of both floors, and in the hallways, where you can dial 9-911. Inform the operator that you are calling from Ladore Main Lodge, located at 398 South Street in Waymart, Pennsylvania.
- For those staying in the Annexes a telephone for emergency use only is located in the lounge area. Inform the operator that you are calling from the Ladore Lodge Annex, located at 398 South Street in Waymart, Pennsylvania.
- Wayne Memorial Hospital is located at 601 Park Street, Honesdale. The telephone number is (570) 253-8100. The emergency department telephone number is (570) 253-8140.
- The group leader is responsible for supervision of the group and its behavior.
- The group leader is responsible to provide supervision of any specialized recreational activities.
- Each group will be required to submit an accurate rooming list and a complete itinerary in advance. This is to include where each activity and meeting will be held during their stay at Ladore.
Ladore requires the following minimum ratios of staff to campers:
Camper Number Overnight Day-only
Age Staff Campers
- 4 – 5 Years 1 5 – 6
- 6 – 8 Years 1 6 – 8
- 9 – 14 Years 1 8 – 10
- 15 – 18 Years 1 10 – 12
- Please be familiar with the nearest exiting the event of a fire.
- In the event the alarm sounds, go to the nearest exit and move away from the building as quickly as possible.
- Do not attempt to take your things with you.
- Meet at the flagpole at the front of the Lodge.
- There is no daily maid service
- Towels are changed mid-week for a 5 day session and twice a week if you are here for the 8 day sessions.
- If there is something you need please see the front desk.
Smoking & Alcohol:
- Smoking, alcoholic beverages, illicit drugs, pets, and weapons are not permitted on the Ladore Campus. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this regard.
- The Salvation Army carries appropriate liability insurance for the operation of the Ladore Camp & Conference Center.
- Each group is required to provide to Ladore proof of insurance for the group.
- Any medical bills incurred during your stay here due to injury or sicknesses are not the responsibility of The Salvation Army.
- In the event of sickness or injury, we will do everything we can to get you appropriate care in the quickest manner possible, but all related expenses will be a personal responsibility.
- We request that food not be taken out of the dining room or game room area. Your cooperation will help us maintain the cleanliness of our lobby, lounges areas, and bedrooms.
- Meals are served buffet style.
- Shoes and shirts must be worn at all meals. Bathing suits are not permitted in the dining room.
- Please come to the designated dining area at the appropriate meal time.
- Our normal meal times are as follows: Breakfast – 8:00am, Lunch – 12/Noon & Dinner 5:00pm unless your group has made alternate arrangements.
- Menus used by Ladore will be available to the group prior to coming to the facility. Changes will not be allowed after meal choices have been made. Menu arrangements must be made with the Food & Beverage Managers.
- There are times when more than one group is in the dining room. We ask that groups be considerate of one another and honor tables that are reserved.
- Only Ladore Staff are allowed to prepare or cook food in the kitchen. If you have a need, please ask a staff member in the dining room to assist you.
- There will be an additional charge $100.00 for groups that come to meals more than 15 minutes late.
Deposits & Payments:
- No reservation will be held past the date due for the deposit.
- Deposits are due by the date listed on the reservation agreement.
- Ladore requires a deposit at the time the signed reservation agreement is due and a second deposit is due 90 days before the event.
- Final balance is due on the day of the event.
- While Ladore does not supply bikes, you may bring a personal bike which are to be ridden in designated areas only. Helmets are to be worn by all riders.
- Ladore Camp & Conference Center will not be responsible for personal items or sports equipment that is brought to the facility.
- Vehicles, (cars, vans or buses) will be parked in designated areas and will be driven on the property in a responsible manner.
- Ladore is not responsible for the contents of vehicles.
- Groups will be held financially responsible for defacing of Ladore property and facilities, damage in any manner to any Ladore equipment and any excessive clean up and refuse.
Meeting Rooms & Restrictions:
- 1st and 2nd Floor Lounge Rules: Furniture that is in the 1st and 2nd Floor Lounges must stay in the room: this includes lounge chairs, end tables, the TV/VCR and piano.
- Auditorium chairs and banquet or conference tables are available upon prior request.
- If you are the only group in the house there is no curfew but when there are several groups in the house the curfew for the Lounges is 10:00pm.
- We ask that all respect be given this area of the house. Any decorations and all furniture are to be left in place and the piano is not be moved.
- We ask that all groups be respectful of the noise level while groups are in the Chapel and that the group in the Chapel is respectful of others as well.
The Game Room Rules:
- The Game Room is closed during Chapel hours. We ask that any guest that wishes to use the game room be respectful of the equipment and other people who are in the room at the same time.
Note: A Policies & Procedures Form must be signed and returned to Ladore before your group can stay at the facility.