Older Adult Policies & Procedures
- We schedule all of our guests on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- We will hold your projected date(s) upon receipt of your completed application form and a $50.00 non-refundable deposit per person.
- Reservations are not honored unless a deposit is paid.
- Deposits are only transferable within the calendar year, provided that space is available.
- The balance due will be paid upon your arrival at Ladore Conference Center.
- Our check in time is after 3:00 PM – Check out time is 9:00 AM
Smoking and Alcohol Use
- Smoking is only allowed outside the building in a designated area. We have provided containers for ashes & butts.
- Alcohol is not permitted on the property at any time.
- Ladore does not provide daily maid service.
- You will be required to take care of your room while you are here.
- Towels are changed mid-week.
- Ladore does not assign room mates.
- If you would like someone to room with you it is your responsibility to find some one.
- Rooms are to be occupied by married couples or persons of the same gender only.
- The game room is closed during Chapel hours, but is open at all other times.
- Pedal cars are there for your pleasure and recreation; we ask that you ride them in the designated areas and that you wear a helmet while operating them.
- In the event of an emergency please contact the Hospitality Desk in the Main Lobby of the Lodge.
- For emergencies after hours our Resident Host lives on the second floor of the Lodge, in the primary hallway just beyond the lobby stairway.
- A large sign is on the door, which reads RESIDENT HOST. Phone Extension #165.
- For Critical emergencies requiring immediate attention there is a phone on the wall in the lobby and at the beginning or the guest rooms (by the lounges). You can dial 9 for the outside line and then dial 911. Inform the operator you are calling from The Salvation Army-Ladore Conference Center located at 398 South Street in Waymart, Pa 18472.
- While The Salvation Army carries appropriate liability insurance for the operation of Ladore Conference Center, we must inform you that any medical bills incurred during your stay here due to injury or illness will not be the responsibility of The Salvation Army.
- In the event of injury or illness and transportation to the hospital is necessary we will call the ambulance to transport you.
- Your room mate or a member of your group will be required to go with you.
We will provide a basic health form for to complete before arrival. It is important that you have a list of all your medications, your medical information and contact numbers in a convenient place in the event of an emergency.
- Wayne Memorial Hospital is located on 601 Park St (Route 6), Honesdale, PA 18431.
- The telephone number is (570) 253-8100.
- Please be familiar with the nearest exit in the event of a fire.
- In the event the alarm sounds go to the nearest exit and move away from the building as quickly as possible, do not attempt to take your things with you.
- The Ladore Staff does not accept tips, but money that is left in appreciation of service is put into the special project fund.
- This money is used to improve/enhance the comforts of the conference center.